Weighted blankets have become increasingly popular over the years, with many people turning to them for a better night’s sleep. These blankets are designed to provide a deep touch pressure sensation, which can help to calm the nervous system and promote relaxation. Additionally, they can aid in reducing anxiety, stress, and insomnia symptoms.
While there are many different types of weighted blankets available, king-size weighted blankets are particularly popular due to their larger size and ability to cover more of the body. They are perfect for those who tend to move around a lot in their sleep or those who share a bed with a partner.
I spent hours researching and testing various king-size weighted blankets on the market to identify the ones that provide the most comfort, durability, and value. Therefore, I want to provide you with what I’ve come up with.
1. OMYSTYLE Reversible Weighted Blanket King Size
I enjoy using weighted blankets, and this OMYSTYLE’s product is my top pick. The two-sided design of this blanket allows you to use it in all seasons. One side is made of Tencel fabric, which provides a silky touch and coolness, perfect for hot sleepers. The other side is made of soft plush material, which is warmer and cozier, making it ideal for winter nights.
The small pockets of the blanket prevent glass beads from leaking, and the double stitching ensures that the beads are evenly distributed, making the blanket noise-free when you move. The seven-layer design of this blanket includes two extra breathable cotton layers between the outmost premium fabric and non-glue polyester padding, which adapts to your body shape and controls temperature effectively.
2. HomeSmart Products Weighted Blanket
I tested the HomeSmart Products Weighted blanket for several weeks, I can confidently say that it was quite a good experience. The ultra-soft fabric feels luxurious against my skin, and the weight is distributed evenly, making me feel more relaxed and comfortable.
What I love most about this blanket is that it’s designed to hang over the edge of the bed, giving my bedroom a clean and stylish look. The blanket is perfect for sharing, and the small loops make it easy to connect to an optional duvet cover.
I must warn you that the blanket is quite heavy, weighing in at 50lbs, which might not be suitable for everyone. Also, the price is on the higher side compared to other weighted blankets in the market. Lastly, the blanket might be too warm for some users, especially during the summer months.
3. Quility Weighted Blanket for Adults
Quility weighted blanket for adults is a 7-layer design blanket, and it is definitely noticeable the micro glass beads are evenly distributed throughout the blanket, which helps to promote relaxation and temperature control. One thing to note is that the blanket might be too heavy for some people to use comfortably.
I recommend using the weighted blanket weight chart to find the right size for you. Additionally, the blanket might not be as cooling as advertised, so keep that in mind if you’re a hot sleeper. I would highly recommend the Quility weighted blanket for adults to anyone looking for a high-quality weighted blanket that can help them sleep better. The blanket is made with durable, breathable cotton material and a removable cover that’s machine washable for long-lasting use and easy cleaning.
4. L’AGRATY Weighted Blanket
L’AGRATY weighted blanket is not recommended for children under 3 years old or pregnant women. I recently tested it and it is easily among the best options you can find on the market. The microfiber material is incredibly soft and breathable, providing a comfortable and cozy experience for both summer and winter use.
The precise positioning technology of the glass beads is also impressive, as it ensures that the weight is evenly distributed throughout the blanket, preventing any discomfort or uneven pressure. I was also pleased with the 7%-12% body weight recommendation, which helped me get better and faster sleep.
The only downside is that the size of the blanket may be smaller than expected, but this is intentional to concentrate the weight on the body. Additionally, hand washing and hang drying may be inconvenient for some users.
5. Topcee Weighted Heavy Comfort Blanket
If you’re looking for a high-quality king-size weighted blanket, the Topcee Weighted Heavy Comfort Blanket is a great option. It’s made of soft breathable microfiber material and filled with non-toxic hypo-allergenic glass beads which provide a cooling sensation in the summer and a breathable warmth in the winter.
I recently purchased the Topcee Weighted Heavy Comfort Blanket and I was impressed with its quality. The glass beads are evenly distributed throughout the blanket, providing a comforting weight that helps me sleep better at night. The blanket is available in different sizes, so you can choose the one that fits your bed.
I also appreciate that it comes in a nice zippered bag, which makes it easy to store when not in use. One thing to note is that the blanket is smaller than ordinary blankets, but this is because it’s supposed to concentrate the weight on your body. The cleaning instructions require hand washing and hanging to dry, which may be inconvenient for some people. Additionally, this product model is only for adults and is strictly prohibited for children under eight years old.
When it comes to buying a king-size weighted blanket, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that you get the best product for your needs. Here are some factors to consider before making a purchase:
The weight of a weighted blanket is an essential factor to consider.
- Standard Range: Weighted blankets typically range from 5 to 30 pounds. This range accommodates a wide spectrum of body weights and preferences.
- Customization: Some manufacturers offer customized weights for those who fall outside the standard range or have specific needs.
10% Body Weight Rule
- Guideline for Selection: A common guideline is to choose a blanket that is approximately 10% of your body weight. This ratio is considered effective for providing the right amount of pressure to simulate deep touch pressure therapy.
- Adjustments: Depending on individual comfort and needs, some may prefer a slightly lighter or heavier blanket. It’s important to listen to your body and adjust accordingly.
Importance of Correct Weight
- Therapeutic Effectiveness: The right weight is essential for the blanket to effectively provide the feeling of being hugged or swaddled, which can help reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality.
- Safety Concerns: A blanket that is too heavy may cause discomfort, restrict movement, or even pose a safety risk, especially for children, the elderly, or individuals with certain health conditions.
Considerations for Different Users
- Children: For children, it’s especially important to consult with a pediatrician before using a weighted blanket. The weight should be light enough for the child to move freely under it.
- Elderly or Health Conditions: For older adults or those with health conditions like sleep apnea, and respiratory, or circulatory issues, it’s advisable to choose a lighter weight and consult with healthcare providers.
Selecting the right size for a weighted blanket is essential to maximize its benefits and ensure it suits your specific needs. Here’s an expanded look at the size factor:
Full Body Coverage
- Individual Use: The blanket should be large enough to cover your entire body comfortably, from your shoulders down to your feet.
- Avoid Oversized Blankets: While coverage is important, excessively large blankets can be cumbersome and may not provide the correct distribution of weight and pressure.
Bed Size Compatibility
- Matching Bed Dimensions: It’s important to choose a blanket that corresponds to the size of your bed.
- King Size for Couples: A king-size weighted blanket is a good choice for couples, as it provides ample space for two people.
- Extra Space: Some individuals might prefer a larger blanket for extra space or a cozier feel, while others might opt for a smaller size for a more snug sensation.
- Weight Distribution: Remember that a larger blanket will distribute its weight over a larger area, which might affect the perceived weight and pressure.
Considerations for Children
- Smaller Sizes: Children’s weighted blankets are smaller to suit their body size and bed. It’s crucial to ensure the blanket is not too large or heavy for a child.
- Travel-Friendly Sizes: If you plan to use the blanket in various locations or travel with it, consider a size that is easy to fold and carry.
- Visual Appeal: The size of the blanket should also complement the overall aesthetics of your bedroom. A well-fitted blanket can enhance the look of your room.
|Single sleepers, children
|Single sleepers, teenagers
|Single adults, couples
|76×80 or 80×87
|Couples, individuals who prefer extra space
|Couples with California King beds, extra space preference
The material of a weighted blanket plays a significant role in comfort, durability, and overall user experience. When selecting a weighted blanket, it’s important to consider the type of fabric, as it affects breathability, texture, and ease of maintenance.
|Satin or Silk
A cover is an optional accessory for a weighted blanket. However, it can help protect the blanket from wear and tear and make it easier to clean. Some covers are also designed to provide additional warmth or cooling properties, depending on your needs.
Protection Against Wear and Tear
A cover acts as a protective layer, shielding the weighted blanket from dirt, spills, and general wear. This is particularly important since the weighted inner layer can be challenging to wash frequently. By safeguarding the blanket against external factors, a cover can extend the overall lifespan of the weighted blanket.
Ease of Cleaning
Covers are typically easier to remove and clean than the weighted blanket itself. Many are machine washable, making it convenient to maintain hygiene without having to wash the entire blanket. Since the cover can be washed more frequently than the blanket, it helps keep the sleeping environment fresh and clean.
Additional Comfort Features
Some covers are designed with specific materials to provide extra warmth or cooling effects. For instance, a fleece cover can add coziness in colder months, while a cotton or bamboo cover might be preferred for its breathability in warmer seasons. Covers come in various textures, from smooth and silky to plush and cozy, allowing users to choose based on their tactile preferences.
With a range of colors and designs available, covers can be chosen to match bedroom decor, personal style, or to create a specific ambiance. Having multiple covers allows you to change the look of your weighted blanket without investing in a new one, keeping your bedding style versatile.
For those with allergies, a cover can act as a barrier to dust mites, pet dander, and other potential allergens, especially if the cover material is hypoallergenic.
Some covers are waterproof, which can be particularly useful for children’s blankets or in situations where spills are likely. There are also covers that themselves are lightly weighted, adding to the overall weight and pressure of the blanket without needing a heavier blanket.
Here are some more blankets that you might like more, check them out:
After researching and testing various king size weighted blankets, I have found that they can be a great investment for those seeking a better night’s sleep. The added weight can provide a calming effect and help reduce anxiety and stress.
Overall, a king size weighted blanket can be a valuable addition to your sleep routine. It’s important to choose one that meets your specific needs and preferences to ensure the best possible experience.